Back for 2023 is the Strengthening Communities Grant Scheme, which opened for applications on the 9th May.
The grants are aimed at not-for-profit organisations delivering services in Basingstoke and Deane. They enable local community and voluntary sector organisations to access funding to support them with building capacity and sustainability so they can continue to deliver services that respond to local needs and achieve positive outcomes for our communities.
Applicants can apply for up to £15,000 for projects to be delivered over twelve months.
Applications will need to show how the funding will help address the following current council priorities as outlined in the council plan:
- A borough where people can live happily
- A borough where the environment flourishes
- A council that provides value for money service
Please note that this funding can not be used to make capital purchases
Applicants will also need to demonstrate that there is a community need for what they are seeking to achieve with this funding and have defined impact and outcome goals that progress can be measured against.
The deadline for applications is midnight on 18th June 2023. Details can be found on the BDBC web site at Strengthening Communities Grant scheme (basingstoke.gov.uk)
This is a presentation given on the scheme at BVA Meet the Funder on 24/05/23 – Strengthening Communities Grant Scheme Meet The Funder
Here is selection of links to supporting documents for reference when preparing applications to the scheme.
- Council plan: Council Plan 2023 to 2027 (basingstoke.gov.uk)
- Strengthening Communities Strategy: Strengthening Communities Strategy 2022 to 2027 (basingstoke.gov.uk)
- Cultural Framework: Cultural Framework and Statement of Intent (basingstoke.gov.uk)
- Wellbeing Strategy: Wellbeing Strategy for Basingstoke and Deane 2022 to 2025