The Healthy Ageing Partnership
The Healthy Ageing Partnership (formerly the Older Persons Partnership) is a network of local statutory and voluntary organisations that provide services and support to older people in the borough of Basingstoke and Deane.
The network is chaired by Basingstoke Voluntary Action, who provide a strategic view across the borough of the provision for older people. They work in partnership with local organisations to facilitate projects to improve provision within local communities.
Mission, Values and Objectives
- To enable people to continue to live independently and to live well by ensuring they have information, opportunities and services to support them.
- To overcome social isolation and loneliness for those in their 50’s, 60’s,70’s,80’s & 90s living in Basingstoke and Deane.
- To provide a voice for the older people in the borough of Basingstoke and Deane by providing a platform for issues to be raised by member organisations
- To change the way that older people are perceived
- To be inclusive and accessible to all members of the community in their later years
- Showing Care and Compassion in everything we do
- Treating people with the dignity and respect they deserve
- Developing mutual trust and respect
- To provide a forum for local organisations to meet and discuss issues relating to older people
- To support access to, and increase the range of social and community activities available to older people in order to tackle social isolation and loneliness by:
- Understanding and promoting existing provisions/services
- identifying gaps in provision for older people and working with local organisations and communities to fill them
- Identifying duplication and promoting partnership working
- Joining together the dots.
- Identifying collaborative projects between organisations, communities and generations
- To ensure older people can obtain the information they need when they need it to enable them to more effectively access services and support – providing a central location from which information can be signposted
- To develop approaches to enable individuals and communities to be more resilient and confident to find their own solutions getting out and about
- To increase opportunities for physical activity and promote wellbeing, which underpins mental and physical health
The following organisations are currently Partnership members:
- Age Concern Hampshire
- Age Concern Tadley & District
- Andover Mind – Dementia Advice & Carers Support
- Basingstoke Neighbourcare
- Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council
- MHA Live at Home
- Over 55’s Forum
- Royal Voluntary Service – Home from Hospital
- Tadley Community Association
- Viables Community Association
- Vivid Housing
- Westside Community Association
- Whitchurch Community Association
Help Available to Older People
Below are some training options specifically for supporting older people.
Alzheimer’s Society’s Dementia Friends programme is tan initiative to change people’s perceptions of dementia. It aims to transform the way the nation thinks, acts and talks about the condition.
Connect to Support Hampshire has introduced FREE e-learning for volunteers, informal carers and anyone whose work in the community involves contact with potentially vulnerable people.
The e-learning has been created by Hampshire County Council as a free resource for the VCSE sector in Hampshire.
The training provides a simple toolkit based on the risks and concerns which you may have when you visit or speak to someone.