In partnership between Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council and Hampshire County Council and with support from Enterprise M3 LEP, a draft Transport Strategy for Basingstoke was recently published for consultation.
This sets out a series of measures as outlined and we are keen to seek your views on whether the objectives and key projects are right and will help your business to prosper in Basingstoke.
Venue: Ark Conference Centre at the North Hampshire Hospital in Basingstoke
On : Wednesday 9 January 2019, with refreshments
from: 8.30am – 11.15am
with networking which will also include updates from Stagecoach, South Western Railway and Enterprise M3 LEP.
Key projects that are included in the strategy and which will be looked at in more detail include:
– Mass Rapid Transit corridors to the town centre from key locations, such as Manydown, development in the A30 corridor, and the Chineham area (effectively significantly improved public transport connections that can be adapted as technology allows to offer fast, frequent public transport access to the town centre)
– Improved integration between the town centre, railway station and Basing View, potentially through a redesigned Eastrop roundabout, and helping to deliver the aspirations of the Basing View masterplan
– Relocation of the bus station to the area close to the railway station to provide for improved interchange between bus and rail
– Significantly improved linkages with a redeveloped Leisure Park
– Re-introducing two way traffic around the Top of the Town one way system, and supporting the vibrancy of the town centre generally
– The scope to rationalise and re-provide car parking in more strategic locations in purpose-built car parks, replacing some of the existing surface level facilities
To register, Email : email@example.com