It’s hard to miss the fact that the country is preparing for Coronavirus (also known as Covid-19), but whilst there’s a lot of information available, there’s not a lot of advice tailored to the needs of small, local third sector organisations.
This webpage aims to direct you to the information that is available, and to help fill some of the gaps.
Please note that this information is correct at the time of being made available.
Key information sources
Please note that these websites are constantly being updated to reflect new information, advice and guidance and so please do check them frequently for the most up to date information:
NHS Volunteers to help support during the pandemic – General Information: link
Bus Services Updates: Stagecoach Basingstoke
South Western Railway: Amended Timetable
GWR: An hourly service is operating between Reading and Basingstoke from 23rd March.
Hantshelp4vulnerable – 0333 370 4000 (link to news)
Hampshire County Council – Latest information and advice (link)
Basingstoke & Deane Borough Council – COVID-19 information
Whitchurch: Self-isolate Support Group
Whitchurch Community Support: Link
Overton : Overton Cares
Kingsclere Community Support Covid-19: Link
Candover Valley Self-Isolation Help: Link
Tadley, Baughurst and Pamber Heath: Link
Basingstoke Covid-19 Community Support Group: Link
Groups – Can we help you find the volunteers you need? Individuals – Are you interested in helping the community? Go to this page on our site where you can register your interests.
What should we do?
At all times it is important to follow the advice provided by the Government and the NHS and so please visit their websites to check on the latest advice.
- Hand Washing Advice: follow the advice around good hand washing practice and put up reminder posters around your building (Get a copy here: Workplace Handwashing and Hygene A4 Poster (PDF)
- People who are concerned they are suffering symptoms that may be due to Coronavirus can use the tool on the NHS 111 website in the first instance https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19 where possible to check what they should do.
- It may be necessary to self isolate: What is self-isolation and why is it important?
- Display copies of the Workplace Handwashing and Hygiene Poster prominently in public areas and in the toilets of your building. You can get a copy here: Workplace Handwashing and Hygene A4 Poster (PDF)
- Make sure you have supplies available for people to wash and dry their hands in line with the advice on the Poster and that clear advice is visible.
- Ensure there are signs up notifying people whether they can access the building or not and how to contact you/access your services by phone/email
- Action Fraud – Coronavirus-related fraud reports increase by 400% in March (link)
- HMRC related phishing emails and bogus text messages – including Coronavirus related scams (link)
- For more information, please visit ActionFrauds website
- National Trading Standards – Beware of COVID-19 Scams. (link)
Third Sector Organisations
Advice to businesses which may be relevant to some larger third sector organisations:
Advice for Trustees:(meetings and annual returns)
The National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) has some guidance to help you decide what steps you and your organisation may need to take in light of the spread of the covid-19 virus including updates on sick leave; managing finances and planning for staff/volunteers to work from home: