Become a BVA Member
FREE Membership of Basingstoke Voluntary Action is available to Charities, Voluntary or Community organisations located and providing a service in Basingstoke and Deane.
The criteria to become a member of Basingstoke Voluntary Action:
- Be a registered Charity, Community Interest Company, Community or Voluntary Organisations
- Adopted a constitution or set of rules plus have a bank account with three non-related signatories
- Be run by a management committee made up of at least 3 unrelated people
- There is a clear primary purpose, which is charitable or for some other community benefit.
- The primary purpose is not to generate profit for personal or shareholder gain and all surplus revenue is invested into charitable or community causes.
- Be located or providing a service within Basingstoke and Deane
- Completion of a BVA registration form allowing details to be included on their database and website for community benefit
- Completion of a BVA Organisational Health check (or equivalent if members of a national body or umbrella organisation where minimum standards must be attained in order to gain registration).
Membership is subject to approval.
Free one to one advice and support from our experienced staff to help your organisation be effective and sustainable
Free tailored funding searches, guidance on grant application plus assistance with submissions including a ‘read through’ service for your applications where required
Free promotion of your volunteering opportunities via the North Hampshire Volunteering platform and social media, along with active brokerage support from the BVA team
Free access to a Volunteering Health Check service, helping you to maximise the effectiveness and success of your volunteer management and recruitment
Free access to our Resource Library: downloadable model policies, procedures, guides and information sheets
Free member events, forums and networking opportunities hosted throughout the year
Free opportunity to share your organisation’s needs or concerns and have these championed via BVA’s representation on key local networks and strategic partnerships
Free opportunities to publicise your news, services, events and vacancies through BVA’s publications, website and social networks plus the Gazette Charity Page
Reduced charges for Conference/meeting rooms at The Orchard building along with discounted places on BVA facilitated training courses
Reduced charges for a wide range of additional services provided by BVA to support local groups including registered office/hot desking facilities, equipment hire and back office support services
Free newsletters, bulletins and E-news about funding opportunities, local consultations, policy developments and updates from the sector
Free support for Community Buildings and Village Halls
Voting rights at BVA’s AGM plus opportunity to shape BVA by nominating a member to the board or becoming a Trustee.
If you do not fully meet our membership criteria
we will potentially add your organisation to our database. The benefits would be reduced from being a full member to:
Free organisation health check plus inclusion on BVA’s online directory of Charity, Community and Voluntary Organisations
Free opportunities to publicise your news, services, events and vacancies through BVA’s publications, website and social networks
Free newsletters, bulletins and E-news about local consultations, policy developments and updates from the sector
For more information please Contact Us.