BVA Voluntary Sector Forum
The Voluntary Sector Forum is open to representatives from charities and voluntary and community organisations throughout Basingstoke and Deane, as well as community minded individuals, local businesses and social enterprise.
The meetings comprise a combination of presentations, networking opportunities, partnerships and information sharing for a powerful community voice.
This is always a great opportunity to catch up on hot topics, discuss borough and community news and share views and information with one another and the BVA team.
(Please note: There is no parking at The Orchard. To find the nearest parking please visit here.)
BVA always welcome suggestions of subjects for upcoming forums, so if you have anything to share, or want to know more about about the next Voluntary Sector Forum please contact us
THE VOICE OF THE VOLUNTARY SECTOR IN BASINGSTOKE & DEANE
Your next BVA Voluntary Sector Forum is on:
Wednesday, 14th July 2021
14:00 to 15:30 via Zoom
Guest Speaker: Sam Shepherd, Climate Emergency Project Manager for Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council (BDBC)
Climate Emergency – What does this mean for those of us living and working in Basingstoke and Deane Borough?
Come and join us on Wednesday 14th July at 2pm, at our Voluntary Sector Forum meeting, where Sam Taylor, Climate Emergency Manager at Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council (BDBC) will be giving a short presentation on:
· what BDBC Climate Emergency pledge is
· what BDBC are doing to put this in place by 2030
· how does this effect your charity or community group
· find out what you, personally can do in your local area to help
Sam will be taking questions afterwards, if you have any questions ahead of the day or can’t make this day, please do let us know and we will pass them on to Sam to answer.
Purpose of the Forum
The purpose of the Voluntary Sector Forum is to strengthen the Voluntary and Community Sector:
- Facilitating partnership working across the sector and developing strong links with other agencies and local businesses
- Promoting and celebrating voluntary and community activity as a worthwhile and rewarding activity.
- Enabling voluntary and community groups to come together to exchange information, share ideas and address issues of mutual interest and importance.
- Facilitating dialogue and multi-agency working for the benefit of the wider community
- Providing a voice for the sector and effective representation at a strategic level to inform local strategies and future practice
- Maximising the potential of sector skills, resources, information and expertise through collaboration and effective communication
- Overcoming challenges and adapting to the rapidly changing needs of the sector, empowering members to ensure sustainability.
The Covid 19 situation has meant that VSF’s have moved to being held on Zoom. We hope to be able to get back to face to face at some point during 2021.
|Wednesday, 20th January 2021 at 10am||Minutes of meeting|
|Tuesday, 30th March 2021 at 11:oo
(Please note change of date and time)
|Minutes of meeting|
|Wednesday, 19th May 2021 at 13:00|
|Wednesday, 7th July 2021||Time to be advised|
The Covid 19 situation has meant that face to face VSF’s for 2020 has been affected however details of the meetings held and to come are listed below.
|Wednesday, 18th November 2020 at 10am via Zoom||Minutes of Meeting|
|Wednesday, 30th September 2020 at 10am via Zoom||Minutes of Meeting|
|Thursday, 30th July 2020 at 12 via Zoom||Minutes of Meeting|
|January 30th||MEAM and VSF 2019 – click here for minutes|
|April 24th||Sustainable Volunteering – click here for minutes|
|July 10th||Events, support and promotion – click here for minutes|
|September 20th||Macmillan Coffee Morning & BVA AGM – Save the date|
|December 11th||Planning for 2020|