Covid-19 Emergency Response Community Grant
In partnership with Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council, Basingstoke Voluntary Action has extended the emergency response grant scheme, launched during the first lockdown for those organisations and groups based in the borough providing support to vulnerable residents during the current restrictions, until the end of March 2021.
A total of up to £30,000 is available. Existing voluntary groups and informal groups established in response to the pandemic can apply for a grant of up to £5,000, including administration costs (see below).
What is Available?
Grants can only be used to support people affected by the Covid-19 pandemic and for the following purposes:
- To provide befriending, wellbeing support and financial advice
- To cover volunteer and travel expenses
- To pay for printing required as part of the local response
- To purchase emergency supplies and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- To purchase food to make up emergency food parcels
- To cover transport costs for the collection and distribution of food parcels
- To cover the hire of facilities to enable the hubs to operate
- To cover administration costs to coordinate the emergency response – this will be capped at 20% of the grant amount requested to cover other costs as detailed above.
Who can apply
Please note that if you are in receipt of a current Covid-19 emergency response grant and haven’t spent all the funds awarded to your organisation, you will not be able to apply for another grant under this scheme until all previous funding has been spent and evidenced.
Only existing voluntary groups and informal groups established in response to the pandemic are eligible to apply under this scheme.
How to Apply
To access the funding organisations will need to complete the Application Form. Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding. The schemes detailed Criteria and Terms and Conditions should also be read and understood before making an application. All three documents can be downloaded using the links below:
|Terms and Conditions||Link|
What conditions must be satisfied?
- The grant is solely for work involved in supporting the community through the Covid-19 third lockdown and until the end of March 2021. It cannot be used to further the work of an organisation or to fund operating costs.
- Applicants will be required to provide information to evidence how the grant was spent. Copies of receipts and invoices together with a full evaluation report will need to be supplied on completion of the project detailing the type of support provided, the number of people supported, and the triaging process applied to the support.
- Any grant funding not spent on completion of the project will be returned to Basingstoke Voluntary Action.
Should you have any queries or require any explanations or help in completing the application form, please contact the administrators via email@example.com or by calling 01256 845720.
Details of the grant awarded will be published on Basingstoke Voluntary Action’s website in line with the Government’s transparency requirements.
The second grant program was terminated in early December, 2020,
From the 20th May 2020, the first grant program was terminated.
Click here for a list of those community groups who received funds under the first program.