One Stop – Carriers for Causes
Grants of up to £1000 are available to support projects that ‘benefit local communities – helping to improve lives and local places’.
Carriers for Causes grants are available for good causes within two miles of a One Stop shop. (defined as two miles from a One Stop store as the crow flies. There are 6 One Stop stores in Basingstoke and one each in Bramley and Oakley)
Is my organisation eligible for a grant?
You can apply for a grant if your organisation is constituted and has a governing document. (Please note that businesses and ‘for profit’ organisations are not eligible.)
The types of organisations that can apply include:
- Voluntary/community organisations
- Registered charities
- Health bodies
- Parish/Town councils
- Social enterprises
- Community Interest Companies
- Community councils
- Local authorities and housing organisations
Other not-for-profit organisations might also be eligible.
What types of projects are eligible?
- One off community events such as community fun day expenses, summer youth camp, litter picking, sports events, expenses to pay for terminally ill cancer patients on visits to the seaside.
- Purchasing items to run a project such as specialised medical equipment, football/cricket /netball kit for local junior club, arts and craft materials for a workshop, kitchen equipment for a healthy eating project, marketing materials for an event, a fishing kit for youth project.
- Improvements to community buildings such as painting, refurbishing buildings such as hospices, scout or guide huts, school building, community centres.
- Improvements to external spaces such as park clean ups, community gardens, hospital/hospice gardens, disabled access projects, food growing projects, woodland walk.
- Purchasing materials to undertake a place based improvement project such as buying paint, litter pickers, gravel, grass seed, plants, and benches.
- This list is not exhaustive, and consideration is given to any projects that meet the programme’s aims and objectives.
Links to the Application Guide and the Application Form can be found at this site.