Children in Need – Small Grants
The New Small Grants Programme
Children in Need have changed the way their Small Grants programme is delivered:
- You can now apply for up to £10,000 per year for up to 3 years – a total request of £30,000
- We have added an eligibility checklist to the form, to help you make sure you are able to apply for our funding
- The form has been updated, so please read carefully and follow the guidance provided in the application pages
- We will still be calling many applicants to gather additional information, but this call will be shorter
We want to encourage all applicants, whether new or returning to us, to carefully read the new application form and all the guidance within to ensure that you submit all the information we need to process your application as quickly and effectively as possible.
What We Give Grants for
Projects working with children and young people of 18 years and under experiencing disadvantage through:
- Illness, distress, abuse or neglect
- Any kind of disability
- Behavioural or psychological difficulties
- Living in poverty or situations of deprivation
Who can apply?
- Not-for-profit organisations of any size that work with disadvantaged children and young people of 18 years and under who live in the UK, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands
- Information for current grantees
- An organisation can only hold one Main Grant and one Small Grant at any one time
- If you currently have a grant for either programme, in the final year of that grant you can apply for further funding to keep running the same project or for a different project. You will need to be able to provide convincing evidence of the differences our grant has made to the lives of the disadvantaged children and young people you have worked with
- If you currently have a Main Grant you can also apply for a Small Grant as long as it is for work with a different group of children and young people, and vice versa
When to Apply
You should plan your application so that you will hear a decision in plenty of time before your project is due to start.
||When is the decision due?
|11:59pm 2nd December 2019
||End of March 2020
|11.59pm 16th March 2020
||End of May 2020