Are you looking to volunteer?
Basingstoke Volunteer Centre can help you find the answers to what, where, when and how to volunteer. We work with local voluntary, community and charitable organisations that are in need of volunteers in order to fulfil their mission and help the people and communities in Basingstoke and Deane.
Volunteer North Hampshire is our dedicated website advertising volunteering opportunities across North Hampshire, which covers Basingstoke and Deane, Hart and Rushmoor districts. You can search and apply for roles that suit what you are looking for.
We can offer one-to-one appointments, either in person or over the telephone, giving you the chance to tell us about your own interests, what you want to get out of volunteering, and the skills and commitment you can offer. We can then help you to identify which organisations can benefit most from your input and which opportunities you might enjoy.
To ask any questions or make an appointment you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01256 423816. We are open Monday to Friday, 9.30 – 2.30.
The Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteering is a great way to meet new people. It allows you to connect with your community and make it a better place. It can also be of great benefit to you, allowing you to gain career experience, learn valuable new skills or to perhaps increase your self confidence.
Some Questions to Help You Find the Right Volunteering Role
Before volunteering, you might want to ask yourself a few questions:
- How much time do I have to give?
- Is that going to be daily, weekly, monthly or on a one-off basis?
- What skills or experience do I have to offer?
- Do I want to do more with my interests or hobbies?
- Do I want to try something new with future career prospects in mind?
- Who do I want to work with? People? Animals? Organisations?
- Do I prefer working alone or as part of a team?
- What are the benefits for me?